Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Long Day at Stanford

Tuesday is our regular check-up day, with both a non-stress test (NST) at the hospital and a visit to the OB. Today we also had our car seat inspection scheduled. (The hospital won't let you take your newborn home unless your car seat installation has been inspected) The NST showed some contractions, which became much stronger during the car seat inspection. By the time I got to the OB clinic, they sent me right back to the hospital for more monitoring. The contractions did stop, and they let me come home finally! Long day, but at least I get to sleep in my own bed tonight :•)

As a bonus, my friend Katie and her daughter were at the same hospital for a treatment that takes many hours, so I got to sneak a visit in with them!

Will we make it to the 18th??? Only The Shadow knows...

2 comments:

  1. Wow- hang in there! We are on standby but I don have to conduct training on the 12-13th so keep that baby in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! Does not sound like you are making it twelve more days like this . . . hope you are comfortable and things are good with the little dude!

    ReplyDelete